The Complete College Admissions Adventure
Everything about applying to college – applications, SATs/ACTs, essays, recommendations, financial aid, & scholarships.
Rating : 4.2750278 – Duration : 2.5 hours
Lectures : 15 – Reviews : 12 – Salepage
Instructors : Alpha Academia – Sarah Ballard
From the author of, Accepted! A Monthly Guide to College Applications and Admission to Any School, the Complete Admissions Adventure is everything you need to know about college applications and the admission process. The course provides complete college admissions counseling, and all of the advice that a private coach could give, at a fraction of the cost. At the end of this course, you will be able to build and manage your college applications as if you had an expensive private college counselor.
You will master:
- Choosing colleges – Build a list of schools to apply to that are good fits
- Applications – Fill out the Common Application and manage outside submissions
- Standardized testing – SAT/ACT – Test preparation, scores, and timing
- Essays – Write college essays, personal statements, and short answers
- Recommendation letters – Choose recommenders and set them up to write great letters
- Resumes – Write a resume perfect for a college application
- Interviews – Prepare and practice for a college interview
- Financial aid & the FAFSA – Apply for financial aid and understand your award
- Scholarships – search and apply for scholarships
- Decisions and Waitlists – Early action, early decision, deferral, waitlists, and decisions
Each Section in the course focuses on a single topic within the college admission process. Units are built around video lectures with a college coach and then provide all the resources that students and parents need. No technical expertise is required, but students will be encouraged to learn Excel spreadsheets (a skill that will pay you back big time later!) to organize themselves. Some of the skills taught are skills that students will build on for the rest of their lives – writing resumes and personal statements, interviewing, and making big financial decisions.
Students will be guided through the entire college admissions process and given the resources to find and win admission to the best possible schools for them.