Learn how to influence policy and become a leader in today’s changing health care environment. Featuring analysis of cutting-edge healthcare issues and first-person insights, Policy & Politics in Nursing and Health Care 8th Edition continues to be the leading text on nursing action and activism. Approximately 150 expert contributors present a wide range of topics in policies and politics, providing a more complete background than can be found in any other policy textbook on the market.
Policy & Politics in Nursing and Health Care 8th Edition helps you develop a global understanding of nursing leadership and political activism, as well as the complex business and financial issues that drive many actions in the health system. Discussions include the latest updates on conflict management, health economics, lobbying, the use of media, and working with communities for change. With these innovative insights and strategies, you will be prepared to play a leadership role in the four spheres in which nurses are politically active: the workplace, government, professional organizations, and the community.
- Comprehensive coverage of healthcare policies and politics provides a broader understanding of nursing leadership and political activism, as well as complex business and financial issues.
- Key Points at the end of chapters helps you review important, need-to-know lesson content.
- Taking Action essays include personal accounts of how nurses have participated in politics and what they have accomplished.
- Expert authors make up a virtual Nursing Who’s Who in healthcare policy, sharing information and personal perspectives gained in the crafting of healthcare policy.
- NEW! The latest information and perspectives are provided by nursing leaders who influenced health care reform, including the Affordable Care Act.
- NEW! Added information on medical marijuana presents both sides of this ongoing debate.
- NEW! More information on health care policy and the aging population covers the most up-do-date information on this growing population.
- NEW! Expanded information on the Globalization of Nursing explores international policies and procedures related to nursing around the world.
- NEW! Expanded focus on media strategies details proper etiquette when speaking with the press.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of primary care models and issues throughout text.
- NEW! APRN and additional Taking Action chapters reflect the most recent industry changes.
- NEW! Perspectives on issues and challenges in the government sphere showcase recent strategies and complications.