Hysteroscopy: Office Evaluation and Management of the Uterine Cavity presents authoritative in-depth coverage of hysteroscopy, a quick in-office procedure for an accurate diagnosis of abnormal vaginal bleeding, uterine adhesions, foreign bodies, uterine structural defects, anatomic defects, and infertility. More than 380 full-color images provide a real-life practice perspective of the conditions you’ll encounter, and a bonus DVD features 3 hours of video clips that demonstrate hysteroscopic procedures performed, step-by-step. This procedure enables you to take a direct view of any pathology, without the risk of radiation exposure, and decreases the chances of uterine perforation. Chapters encompass a full range of clinical considerations, including instrumentation, imaging, complications, and endometrial ablation.
- Provides chapters that detail the instrumentation you’ll need to effectively perform hysteroscopic procedures.
- Features a full chapter on imaging, including saline infusion sonography, keeping you current on the latest imaging technology.
- Offers expert guidance on endometrial ablation, a frequent office procedure used to diagnose and treat abnormal bleeding.
- Presents coverage of diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy, enabling you to incorporate this technology of increasing clinical use into your practice.
- Features a color design with more than 380 full-color images that highlight techniques and equip you with a real-life practice perspective.
About the Author
Tommaso Falcone is Professor and Chair of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA.