High Risk Pregnancy 4th Edition examines the full range of challenges in general obstetrics, medical complications of pregnancy, prenatal diagnosis, fetal disease, and management of labor and delivery. Drs. David James, Philip J. Steer, Carl P. Weiner, Bernard Gonik, Caroline Crowther, and Stephen Robson present an evidence-based approach to the available management options, equipping you with the most appropriate strategy for each patient. This comprehensive reference features the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, as well as more than 100 videos of imaging and monitoring. giving you easy access to the resources you need to manage high risk pregnancies.
- Prepare for clinical challenges and save time in addressing them thanks to expert advice on treatment options from international contributors.
- Find and apply the information you need quickly and easily through a consistent organization and at-a-glance summary boxes that discuss evidence-based management options.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with links to Medline.
- View over 140 videos of detailed fetal imaging and monitoring that aid in diagnoses.
- Tap into recent developments in treatment and management in four new chapters―Global Maternal & Perinatal Health Issues; Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; Surveillance of the Fetus and its Indications; and Training for Obstetric Emergencies.
- Apply new evidence-based management options to treat genetic and constitutional factors leading to a high-risk pregnancy (such as diabetes, obesity, hypertension, and cardiac disease) through new and expanded coverage of these increasingly common presentations.
- Reference pregnancy-relevant laboratory values with an updated and comprehensive appendix on “Normal Values in Pregnancy.”
- Effectively manage patients newly diagnosed with hematologic and immunologic malignancies, and explore the available drug options.
- Confirm your diagnoses with greater confidence thanks to full-color images throughout the text.
High Risk Pregnancy 4th Edition provides an evidenced-based guide for effectively managing the patient and performing procedures
About the Author
Philip J. Steer is Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College London, at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK.
Dr Carl Philip Weiner is the K. E. Krantz Professor and Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Professor of Integrative and Molecular Physiology at the University of Kansas School of Medicine and Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy. He is the Associate Director of the Institute for reproductive health and regenerative medicine and leads the Center for the Developmental origins of Health and Disease. Dr Weiner has spent his career in academic medicine and is dedicated to teaching, research, and clinical service.