Indispensable for both surgeons and sports medicine physicians, DeLee, Drez and Miller’s Orthopaedic Sports Medicine 5th Edition, remains your go-to reference for all surgical, medical, rehabilitation and injury prevention aspects related to athletic injuries and chronic conditions. Authored by Mark D. Miller, MD and Stephen R. Thompson, MD, DeLee, Drez and Miller’s Orthopaedic Sports Medicine 5th Edition provides detailed, up-to-date coverage of medical disorders that routinely interfere with athletic performance and return to play, providing the clinically focused information you need when managing athletes at any level.
- Provides a unique balance of every relevant surgical technique along with extensive guidance on nonsurgical issues―making it an ideal reference for surgeons, sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and others who provide care to athletes.
- Offers expanded coverage of revision surgery, including revision ACL and revision rotator cuff surgery.
- Features additional coverage of cartilage restoration procedures and meniscal transplantation.
- Provides significant content on rehabilitation after injury, along with injury prevention protocols.
- Includes access to a comprehensive video collection, with more than 100 videos new to this edition.
- Retains key features such as coverage of both pediatric and aging athletes; a streamlined organization for quick reference; in-depth coverage of arthroscopic techniques; extensive references; levels of evidence at the end of each chapter; and “Author’s Preferred Technique” sections.
About the Author
Stephen R. Thompson, MD, MEd, FRCSC is a sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon at Northern Light Orthopedics. He completed his medical school at the University of Sydney, Residency at University of Maryland and Fellowship at the Fowler-Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic in London, Ontario and then his second at the Oakville Sports Injury Clinic in Oakville, Ontario. Dr. Thompson is a recognized expert in sports medicine. He is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of the widely used and highly respected reference textbook DeLee and Drez’s Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Dr. Thompson has spent a significant time studying medical education and standardized testing. He has applied this knowledge in his role as the Editor-in-Chief of Miller’s Review of Orthopaedics, 6th edition, 7th edition and forthcoming 8th edition of Miller’s Review of Orthopaedics. He has also written the Handbook of Splinting and Casting.