A core text from the renowned Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Atlas of Procedures in Gynecologic Oncology 3rd Edition covers the latest developments in both open and minimally invasive surgery. Supplemented with full-color photographs, practical explanations, and video clips, the book provides a detailed overview of the major gynecologic oncology procedures. With expanded topics to include more areas of interest, Atlas of Procedures in Gynecologic Oncology 3rd Edition continues its tradition of emphasizing technique and surgical approach.
- Conization, surgical staging, vulvar surgery, and radical hysterectomy
- Paracentesis, chest tube placement, and central venous access
- Sentinel node mapping and minimally invasive lymph node dissection
- Intraoperative radiation therapy, inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy, and myocutaneous flap reconstruction
- Nerve-sparing approaches, laterally extended parametrectomy, and urinary diversion
- Peritoneal surface malignancy surgery, including heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy application
In addition to the commonly performed procedures, the book also illustrates many advanced techniques currently in use only at specialized centers throughout the world. This comprehensive atlas presents the insight of national and international leaders in gynecologic oncology, making it an essential resource for a broad-based audience, including medical students, those beginning their surgical training, and senior practitioners.